Friday, July 13, 2012

Modern-day Slavery: Not So Far Away




 I conducted a hand full of interviews and used resources from notforsalecampaign.org as well as and interview with Nia Bates from ratanak.org .  My goal was to see how people of all ages felt abou this issue, form middle school children to a mother with children.  I wanted everyone to relate and get heads turning and hearts pounding. As I presented this video in class I asked, "Why is this such a hard topic to address?"  After a pause, I promted the 38 college kids, "You are telling me that NONE of YOU have an opinion on this issue?"  Finally, an attractive, athletic, tall young man raised his hand (he's looks like he is one that has the "cool" heir about him).  He said, "You wouldn't just start talking about something like this... it's so random... it's controversial." 


How is SEX TRAFFICKING controversial 
What majority of people SUPPORT sex trafficking?  "Do you really think it's controversial- allowing people to trade and get money for raping women?" 
If YOU do not take a stand, WHO will?

IGNORANCE is NOT BLISS.

No comments: