Monday, February 18, 2013

Freedom Walk Buffalo - April 6, 2013



Today I wanted to share with you all the work that has been going on with the Bloggers Against Social Injustice team in Buffalo, New York!  Myself (Christine) and Dave have been working with people at our University to bring to life Freedom Walk Buffalo!  There will be speakers coming from: Syracuse, New York,  New Jersey and Canada.  There will also be groups coming from various places.  Creating and organizing this event has been A LOT of work, and I have lost hours of sleep over it.  However, OF COURSE it is worth it because it will bring FREEDOM to slaves!  This is my first time planning a large-scale event, so I did not expect this to be easy to plan.

Now that I am coming to the end of planning, I have learned so much, and have recorded the steps it takes to be successful at planning an event, so that I may share it with bloggers and friends who want to create an anti-human trafficking walk.event, like I am doing!  I want to inspire you to reach out into your local community and create events that make a difference to people who are being sold as slaves.  Things are for buying and selling... not people!

Next time you want to get together with your friends, why not watch a movie about human trafficking and brainstorm how you can help fund raise to help organizations that rescue people trapped in this trade?

Check out the event details so far Eventbrite - Freedom Walk Buffalo . Leave comments to let me know what you think! Feel free to contact freedomwalkbuffalo@gmail.com if you are interested in organizing your own anti-human trafficking walk, or movie night with a purpose!


For the sake of Freedom, we shall unite!




Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

Ivana Džidić said...

You have my g+! Good luck with everything, it does look like a great event! I've just finished reading a book by Mende called A Slave, it's account of her enslavement and eventual escape to freedom. It is terrible to know that slavery is still a part of our world.

Amalie Luther said...

Hey you! We used to follow each other on Bloglovin - But I had to change something on my blog so now I've lost ALL my followers on Bloglovin!! Wanna follow again? This is the link to my blog: http://aveclamodebyamalie.blogspot.dk
xoxo Amalie

Cate M. said...

oh! thank you so much! i'm follow your blog :)

Arianna Gallo said...

really interesting..for a good cause!

XOXO
Arianna

http://aryannastyle.blogspot.it/
https://www.facebook.com/AryannaStyle