Sunday, August 11, 2013

Human Trafficking: Child Slavery in the U.S.

Hello! I'm Kateri, a new blogger on this page! I'm a fashion design student, and designer. my personal blog is justFashionating.blogspot.com  , and my Facebook page is www.facebook.com/kateridesigns
I will be posting every 2nd and 4th saturday/sunday of the month. This is my first post.

One of the most critical issues of human trafficking is  internal awareness. The majority of people who are well informed of social issues, are aware of human trafficking. Though many don't know that this is a huge crisis here in the U.S.

This is very true concerning child slavery. As I researched this topic,  I was shocked at how many children every year are forced into this terrible industry. I was  also shocked about how much money the human trafficking industry gains every year.

I learned a lot during my research of human/child slavery. And i HOPE that you read these articles, and find other articles on how to prevent, and fight against this.


 I have made a short video about this, and will link you to the story that I got the information from.
go to view it on YouTube so you can watch it and read.




Article used in video
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/29/fbi-rescues-105-children-from-horrific-sex-trafficking-operations-in-76-u-s-cities/

as well as this article:

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2013/07/08/study-at-least-100000-children-being-used-in-us-sex-trade

What I want for this blog entry, is for you followers and bloggers to watch this, and SHARE  THIS VIDEO with anyone and everyone. It's really all about the awareness. The more people who are aware of this injustice, the more people willing to take action and fight . There is plenty of information out there, but WE as people who are knowledgable on this injustice, must spread the word, and encourage others to research and fight this.

3 comments:

Fash Era said...

yes great article! its nice to see a blog dedicated to such events n info...! Wld love it if u drop by my blog, we can follow :D
www.fashionistaera.blogspot.com

Hanna & Christel said...

Thanks for your comment! nice blog

Somebody said...

Great blog! Maybe you want to visit my blog. i'm new to this
http://ffrreedom.blogspot.com.ar